GIMBE Foundation wishes to thank all speakers and delegates who made the 7th EBHC International Conference such an amazing experience.
As the sustainability of national health services is a global challenge and an evidence-based, cost-conscious, patient-centered and high value health care is the main goal of every national health service, the Conference aimed to promote an evidence-based approach to healthcare to increase value and reduce waste.
With 7 keynote lectures, 41 oral presentations and 12 posters, the Conference has highlighted the key role of Evidence-based Health Care to address five outstanding challenges for the sustainability of health services:
- Variation in utilization of health care services that cannot be explained by variation in patient illness or patient preferences
- Patient harm from overdiagnosis and overtreatment
- Inequity from underuse of high value health services by certain social groups
- Failure to prevent diseases
- Waste, anything that does not add value to the outcome for patients
Of course, Sicilian land with its perfumes, colors, sun, sea and tasty cuisine made the rest of the success!
Looking forward to meeting you…
Save the date...
8th EBHC International Conference. Taormina, 25th – 28th October 2017
GIMBE Foundation (Italy)
Bond University (Australia)
Chair of the Scientific Board
on behalf the Scientific Board